Achieving Best Evidence Training
Robin Watts or Justine Caroll
About the course:
Achieving Best Evidence (ABE) is the national protocol for interviewing children and vulnerable adults as part of a criminal investigation. This training course equips practitioners with the necessary skills to develop strategies for planning and executing interviews in a format suited towards the criminal justice system.
By the end of this ABE course, delegates will be able to develop strategies for planning and executing interviews with children and vulnerable adults and recognise the emotional impact of this type of work. With more and more employers stating that ABE training is an essential for frontline child protection / duty and assessment teams, completion of this course will help you stand out from the crowd in an increasingly competitive job market. A truly valuable addition to your CV which you will see instant benefit from.
- Complete a forensic interview of a child using the guidelines set down
- Be able to plan and prepare a forensic interview
- Be aware of the correct questioning method for the forensic interview of a child
- Have an awareness of the difficulties children face in the interview process
- Have an understanding of the legalities around the ABE process
Secure your accommodation for the course by booking a hotel room now.