Assessment and Approval of Foster Carers
Looking to understand the difference between Stage 1 and Stage 2 and what information is gathered at each? This is the course for you. Learn about the two key information gathering stages of the foster carer assessment process and deepen your knowledge of the subject with this short, informative course.
This course is intended for anyone involved in the adoption assessment process.
- Prospective foster carers and their families
- Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking fostering assessments
- Agency decision makers
- Foster panel members
This course is also available as part of our Children’s Workforce Induction bundle.
If you’re involved at any stage (in any capacity) of the approval process for foster carers, this is an ideal course for you. You’ll learn about the differences between Stage 1 and Stage 2 and gain a solid foundation of understanding around the different aspects of the foster care process. You’ll see how basic information is gathered at Stage 1 and then built upon with more detailed information at Stage 2 of the process.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The foster carer assessment process and timescales, from application to approval Two-stage approval, including Stage 1 and Stage 2 plans
- What information is gathered
- What happens if a person is assessed as being unsuitable to foster
- The roles and functions of the fostering panel
- Where to go for advice and guidance