Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) – don’t get caught out by your exposure to dangerous substances. This course will teach you what hazardous substances are, employee and employer responsibility, good workplace practice and how to plan for emergencies. Everything you need to know to be safe working with hazardous substances is covered.
This course is suitable for employees and employers in the UK, in industries or workplaces that work with or create substances hazardous to health.
- care homes,
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations is a UK statutory instrument that requires employers, by law, to protect their employees from exposure to dangerous substances. This succinct and memorable course is split into four bite-sized modules.
These cover the Regulations, what substances hazardous to health are, the responsibilities of the employee and the employer, and what good practice means in the workplace. After completing this course you will feel confident in knowing what is required of you regarding COSHH in your workplace.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- What the COSHH Regulations are and why COSHH law is needed
- How it is implemented, and the importance of risk assessments
- What a substance hazardous to health is and some consequences of exposure
- The COSHH symbols
- How to identify risks in the workplace, and gather and relay information
- How to develop and implement control measures
- How to maintain, monitor, and review exposure
- What emergency plans should entail,
- Who to go to with questions