Effective Communication - for Health and Social Care
Effective communication is pivotal to everything we do, both in our personal lives and our professional lives. As a health or social care professional dealing with potentially vulnerable or challenging individuals, it’s even more important. This course gives you all that you need to build your understanding of what makes effective communication.
This course is ideal for:
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
From this four module course, you’ll gain an understanding of the importance of effective communication at work, how to meet communication and language needs, how to promote communication best practice and get a holistic view of the principles and practices relating to confidentiality. Following this course, you’ll be confident communicating yourself, as well as showing others how to communicate more effectively.
The knowledge element of standard 6 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Different methods of communication
- How communication affects work relationships
- The importance of the environment in communication
- Barriers to communication
- How to ensure that you have been understood
- What is meant by 'confidentiality' and when to share confidential information
- What legislation relates to this aspect of your work