Effective Communication with Children and Families
If you work with children and families, you’ll know how important it is to communicate effectively. Sharpen up your skills and deepen your knowledge around effective communication with this short, engaging course. You’ll learn to listen, ask questions and reflect more effectively.
This course is intended for everyone who works with or has contact with children, young people and their families.
Although this course forms part of an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all practitioners who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development.
What makes for effective communication? This course looks at what is meant by effective communication, how to achieve it, and how best to communicate with both parents and young carers. In the three modules contained in this course, you’ll increase your knowledge and gain confidence in your own communication skills. You will also have a clear picture of professional boundaries and how to remain professional without being impersonal.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
The course contains additional resource materials, useful links and a refresher guide.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- How to communicate effectively with children, young people and their parents or carers
- The importance of remaining professional without being impersonal
- How to operate within, and manage, professional boundaries
- What is meant by effective communication and barriers to achieving it
- The importance of listening first and listening carefully
- The importance of being prepared
- Active and reflective listening
- The importance of watching yourself
- The types of questions that can be asked