Equality and Diversity
Organisations may employ people who have a wide range of backgrounds and preferences. This course will help you understand and better support individuals from any ethnic group, of any age, and with any disability, gender, sexual preference or any other protected characteristic.
This course can be included in an induction programme for new starters, it is also intended for all people who want to improve their knowledge and continue their professional development. The course is suitable for any workplace or training setting.
Maintaining an awareness of issues surrounding equality and diversity is essential to any organisation. This revealing course is split into four modules to thoroughly explore the issues involved and their relevance to us all, including protections laid out in the Equality Act 2010. With this course you will learn inclusion in terms of equality and diversity and the universal benefits of promoting an inclusive workplace. The course discusses protected characteristics and explains the problems surrounding prejudice and discrimination.
Looking for an Equality & Diversity course with a Health & Social care focus? Click here to see our more tailored course.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- How you can improve your own practice to promote inclusion
- What inclusion means in terms of equality and diversity and the advantages of inclusion
- How to promote an inclusive approach in every aspect of your work
- Concepts of equality and diversity and their relevance to wider society
- Inequality and its impact
- The challenges relating to equality and diversity faced by organisations
- The benefits of a diverse workforce
- The Equality Act 2010 legislation and the protection it provides
- How to recognise and tackle discrimination, and the difference between prejudice and discrimination
- The ideas surrounding inclusion and their impact, including the advantages of an inclusive workplace
- What inclusion means in terms of equality and diversity
- Ways you can improve your own behaviour and practice to promote inclusion and challenge prejudice
- How to explore the Index for Inclusion
- What anti-discriminatory practice is and why it is important