Equality and Diversity - for Health and Social Care
Organisations may employ people who have a wide range of backgrounds and preferences. This course will help you understand and better support individuals from any ethnic group, of any age, and with any disability, gender, sexual preference or any other protected characteristic, specifically in a health or social care setting.
This course is aimed at:
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
Equality and inclusion is hugely important in any work environment – this course covers all the bases around equality and diversity and demonstrates how to work in an inclusive way and helps you access relevant information, advice and support on the subject. This three module course is tailored for a health or social care application.
Looking for a generic Equality & Diversity course? Click here to see our alternative.
The knowledge element of standard 4 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- The meaning of 'person-centred care'
- The differences between equality, diversity, inclusion and discrimination
- The legislation relating to discrimination
- How your own prejudices might influence the way you work.
- How to challenge discrimination
- Where to access information and advice