First aid saves lives and knowing what to do in an emergency can make all the difference. First aid is a simple skill, but it has an incredible impact. This first aid course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn first aid: covering all the major first aid topics and including basic everyday skills to coping with emergencies.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn about first aid or who wants to refresh their existing first aid knowledge, including:
- Parents and carers
- Office workers and public sector staff
- Health and social care staff
In this course, we cover all the major topics for adult first aid, and child and infant first aid. We also look at life saving first aid techniques, like the primary survey for assessing casualties, and look at the role of a first aider. Nine modules in size, this course also looks at topics include epilepsy and seizures, asthma and allergies and bleeding and burns.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- • First aid principles
- Adult, child and infant CPR
- Using an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
- First aid and choking
- First aid for heart attacks and cardiac arrest
- How to treat severe bleeding and burns
- First aid for fractures
- First aid for asthma and allergic reactions
- First aid for treating seizures and epilepsy