Handling Information - for Health and Social Care
The importance of good recording, storage of information, and knowing when to share information are described using everyday scenarios in this two module overview course. If you have a role or responsibility at work within a health or social care setting, this course is for you.
This course is aimed at:
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
In this course you will look at the agreed ways of working, the legislation that underpins the handling of information and gain an understanding of secure systems and their importance in maintaining up to date records.
The knowledge element of standard 14 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Confidentiality and when to share information
- Relevant legislation
- Data protection principles
- Secure storage of information
- The importance of clear recording in care plans
- How to report concerns about the recording, storage or sharing of information