Palliative Care and End of Life Care
Palliative and end of life care is available to those coming to the end of their life, with support to ease symptoms and reduce pain, as well as spiritual and emotional support. In this course you will learn about the options available, and see about the additional support available for families as well as patients.
This course is aimed at anyone working in the health and social care sectors who need or want to gain a better understanding of palliative care and end of life care, including:
- Administrative staff
- Clerical staff
- Social workers
- All health workers and social care workers
This two module course will give people an understanding of palliative and end of life care. The course explores what palliative and end of life care is, and how they work together.
It looks at the different aspects to the care, including spiritual, emotional and physical needs and discusses the importance of palliative care and end of life care in ensuring the patient's quality of life is as high as possible and tailored to their individual wishes.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion – with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- What palliative care and end of life care are
- How palliative care works alongside end of life care
- When each type of care starts in a patient's illness journey
- How to increase a patient's quality of life during the illness and towards the end of life
- Addressing spiritual and emotional needs
- Supporting the family
- Managing symptoms and pain of the illness or treatment
- Communication with the patient and family
- Advance care planning