Personal Safety - Lone worker
As a lone worker you have responsibility for your own safety - something which can be difficult when you're alone. This course shows you how you can best prepare yourself for safe working in your own home, working at an employer's building and whilst travelling. If you work lone, this course is a must.
The course is for anyone who works alone or who is responsible for workers who work alone.This includes:
- Social care and healthcare staff in people's homes
- People who work from home
- People who travel for work, such as sales reps or consultants
- Staff who work outside office hours
- Those who meet clients or customers in private
This short course identifies people who are classed as 'lone workers' and explores the risks of lone working, and what can be done to reduce the risks.Employers' and lone workers' responsibilities are covered, along with suggestions for techniques and equipment to improve the safety of lone workers.
Different scenarios are explored including working in another person's home, working in your own home, travelling, working alone in an employer's building, and dealing with aggression. It is aimed at people who work alone, and their managers and supervisors.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion - with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you've completed this course, you'll have a knowledge of:
- Employers' responsibilities for lone workers' safety
- Lone workers' responsibilities for their own safety
- Equipment and procedures to help make lone workers safer