Work in a Person Centred Way - for Health and Social Care
Find out about 'person centred values', the 6 Cs, and their implications for your job. Get some guidance on how they can be used to reduce people's distress and discomfort, and promote physical and emotional wellbeing. An important course if you are working in healthcare, adult social care, or providing care to patients or others - whether in a new role or you just want a 'refresher'.
This course is aimed at:
- New members of staff in HealthcareSupport Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide directcare to patients or individuals needing support
This course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
The seven-module course will inform you about person centred values: what they are and how to use them. You will learn how to use these values to support individuals - to minimise people's pain and discomfort, and to maintain their dignity and self-esteem. And there are case studies and video clips to show person centred values in action.
You will automatically get a course certificate on course completion - with your name, the CPD hours, the date and learning objectives.
Once you've completed this course, you'll have a knowledge of:
- What 'The 6 Cs' are
- The importance of person centred values
- How to promote a person's dignity
- How to control the environment to make a person more comfortable
- What is your role in reducing and reporting distress and discomfort
- How to promote wellbeing